7.11.2013

The Best Chicken Spaghetti Ever!

Hi friends! I took a way-too-long break from cooking or posting my recipes! It’s sad. Mr. Spouse is probably more sad than anyone. Poor guy. I promised to him tonight that I would start cooking dinner again. I also promised my friends I’d start posting recipes again. So here’s to you guys!

So, there’s a lot of “stuff” in this spaghetti, BUT it’s super easy to make. So don’t fret when you see the ingredient list :)

Chicken Spaghetti

Ingredients:
1 "Cut Up Fryer" (Basically, one lovely rotisserie chicken that someone else cooked for you. Makes mama’s life much better. Don’t you agree?)
Thin or regular Spaghetti (1-2 Cups)
1 can chicken broth (You’ll only use half the can)
2 Cans of Cream of Mushroom soup (You can use one can cream of mushroom and one can cream of chicken, if you’d like.)
1 onion chopped very finely (so the children can’t find them-mine don’t like onions)
1 green pepper (I don’t use the whole thing. I chop it up in little pieces and spread it all around so the kids can’t find them)
3 cups cheddar cheese
Lawry’s Seasoned Salt (about 2 teaspoons)
salt, pepper.

This is basic stuff, folks!

1. Boil a pot of water and the broth to a boil. When it’s boiling, break the spaghetti into 2-inch pieces until you have around 2 1/2 to 3 cups and let it cook according to the directions on the package.

2. I buy my rotisserie chicken the day I know I’ll make this and let it cool on the counter. It’s painful to tear up a hot chicken! So wash your hands, and start pulling chunks off the chicken. Maybe use a knife to cut them into smaller pieces if you’d like.

(Tip: You can use any cut of chicken you like. I like the whole chicken because it gives you a mixture of dark and light meat. If you’d like to do just breasts, that would work just fine! Also, if you are using a rotisserie instead of your own cooked chicken, be sure to add the canned chicken broth to the water before you boil the spaghetti. (I only use half of the can because it’d make the dish too salty.)

3. Cut up the veggies however you’d like.

4. Now, add all the ingredients into a mixing bowl. Since I don’t like dirtying up extra dishes, I mix mine all in the casserole dish and skip the bowl. It’s up to you! Add the spaghetti (drained), cut-up chicken, 2 cans of soup,  veggies, 2 cups of cheese, and your spices and mix it all together.

5. Bake it at 375 for 30 minutes. The last five minutes, spread the remaining cup of cheese and let it melt.

DSC02178

Yum!
Husband and kid approved!

No comments:

Post a Comment