1.06.2014

You Asked and You Shall Receive

My kids have become increasingly picky. And I’ve cooked less and less because of it. BUT I'm back at it because I was craving enchiladas and just went on a roll with recipes from there!

Kid Friendly Chicken Enchiladas



Ingredients

  • 1 Rotisserie chicken shredded or cut up (about 2.5 cups shredded chicken, I saved the rest for tomorrow’s dinner)
  • 8 oz sour cream
  • 1/4 cup milk (I used whipping cream instead just because)
  • 1 can of mild, red enchilada sauce
  • 1 Tbsp cilantro
  • 1 can of diced tomatoes
  • 1 cup onion, diced (I sautéed these before so they would be hidden from the kids)
  • 8  flour tortillas
  • 1/2 cup Mexican shredded cheese

                                                                              Instructions

  1. In a saucepan, mix together sour cream, enchilada sauce, milk (or cream) and cilantro. Heat through and set aside. (This will boil quickly and make a huge hot mess if you don't keep stirring. I learned the hard way.)
  2. Combine the chicken, tomatoes, and onions in a mixing bowl. (Or now you would sauté your onions if you want them soft and sneaky :) )
  3. Fill each tortilla with about 3 Tbsps. of the chicken mixture.
  4. Roll the tortilla up and place seam side down ( or they will unravel ) in an 8x11 dish ( or whatever you have ) sprayed with cooking spray
    (side note…  I like rubbing my pans down with butter. We never have spray. Ever.)
  5. Pour/spread the sour cream sauce over enchiladas and top with cheese. ( One more side note, I like to cover all the tortillas, including the ends especially,  with sauce. Because if you don’t, they come out majorly crunchy and I hate that )
  6. Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes until bubbly and cheese is melted.

    Yuuuum! Seriously so good. So so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment