1.06.2014

Chicken Fried Rice {Gasp!}

Yes, that’s right. This white girl made Chinese food for the first time ever. And, let me tell you… it was unbelievably amazing! Plus, the kids are on a roll. They loved this one too! Husband said it was great. Like eating at a Chinese restaurant if ya ask me.

IMG_0042
Totally took the pic after I was already eating it. It’s SO good!

So make some!

Ingredients

  • 2 cups cooked rice**
  • 2 cups of chicken {I used my leftover rotisserie chicken from yesterday’s recipe. Easy peezy lemon squeezy}
  • 2 Tbs sesame oil
  • 1 small white onion, chopped
  • ½ frozen peas and carrots, thawed {I used a can of mixed veggies because that’s how I roll}
  • 2-3 Tablespoons soy sauce (more or less to taste)
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 2 Tbsp chopped green onions (optional)

Instructions

  1. Preheat a large skillet or wok to medium heat. Pour sesame oil in the bottom. Add white onion and peas and carrots {or 3/4 of the can if you’re lazy like me} and fry until tender.
  2. Slide the onion and veggies to the side, and pour the beaten eggs onto the other side. Using a spatula, scramble the eggs. Once cooked, mix the eggs with the vegetable mix.
  3. Add the rice to the veggie and egg mixture. Pour the soy sauce on top. Stir and fry the rice and veggie mixture until heated through and combined. Add chopped green onions if desired.

    **Side note: this works better with not-freshly-cooked rice. But, I used freshly cooked rice because I don’t have time to wait! It was still perfect!

    Enjoy loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment