7.17.2012

Take it Easy

CROCK POT BAJA PORK TACOS

recipe from Chef in Training

1 {3lb} Boneless pork tenderloin

5 {4oz} cans chopped green chiles

2 tbsp. taco seasoning, reduced sodium

1 tbsp. ground cumin

flour or corn tortillas

Optional toppings

lettuce

cheese

pico de gallo

avocado

Directions:

Cut the tenderloin in half and place in crock pot. In a small bowl, mix together chiles, taco seasoning, and cumin. Pour mixture over pork, cover, and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until pork is tender and easily falls apart. When it’s about ready, shred pork with a couple of forks. I didn’t remove the pork from the crock pot to shred it. I was able to shred it while it was still cooking. Ohmiword…it was SO tender!!!!!

bajacrockpottacos1-1

Place a generous heaping of pork down the middle of your tortilla. Then, I load up on sour cream and cheese. Husband likes to add pico and gauc or avocados. I’m a simple girl myself.

The best part about this recipe was that it was ready when we got home from my pain injections. Good for husband because I was OUT. So good, y’all! And they were even better the next day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment