9.07.2011

Mediterranean Chicken Salad Pitas


This recipe is seriously amazing. I could eat these everyday and never get tired of them! Husband said they are so good he would order them from a restaurant!! :)

Hannah's 4th Birthday Projects 015 
Ingredients:
  • 4 pocketless pitas
  • 3 cups Pulled Chicken
  • 1 cup chopped Roasted Peppers, chopped
  • 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
  • 1 cucumber—peeled, seeded and diced
  • 1/4 cup minced red onion
  • 2 tbsp. EVOO
  • 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
  • Salt and pepper
  • 4 romaine lettuce leaves
Directions:
  1. Place pitas in stack in 350° oven to warm. In large bowl, combine chicken, peppers, tomato, cucumber, onion, EVOO, vinegar and 1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper. Toss well. Top each pita with a lettuce leaf, fill with chicken salad and fold to enclose.

    ** Instead of preparing the veggies as stated above, I mixed them all together and made a salsa out of it because I like my veggies non-crunchy like. Let me tell you, it was the BEST salsa I have ever had!!!!**

Hannah's 4th Birthday Projects 018

No comments:

Post a Comment