7.18.2011

Shrimp Stuffed Potatoes

I got this recipe from Paula Deen! There isn’t a recipe from her that I have tried and not loved! This recipe is a must-try.

Ingredients:

6 large Idaho baking potatoes {I only used 2 because that’s all we needed}

Vegetable oil, for coating

1 stick of butter {I used 1/2}

2 cups grated cheddar cheese {I used 1/2 cup}

2 cups grated monterrey jack cheese {I used 1/2 cup}

2 cups sour cream {I used 1/4 cup}

salt & pepper, to taste

1 lb. shrimp, peeled & deveined {I used frozen…thawed out, of course!} { 1/4 of a lb.}

kosher salt, optional

paprika

Directions:

Wash potatoes, dry them, and then poke ‘em with a fork on the sides. Coat each potato with vegetable oil and sprinkle some kosher salt on top of each. I like eating the potato skin & I think it’s yummiest with a little kosher salt :) Place potatoes on a foil lined baking pan and cook at 350 for about 1 hour.

recipes 008

Remove potatoes from oven and slice each in half. Gently scoop out the potato and place in a large mixing bowl. Add butter, sour cream, salt, and pepper to the bowl and mix on high using a handheld mixer.

recipes 009
Now fold in the shrimp and all the cheeses.

Gently stuff the shrimp mix back into the potato shells, pile them as high as you can, and sprinkle with cheese.

recipes 010

Bake at 350 for about 20-30 minutes or until brown on top. Remove and dig in!

recipes 016

Enjoy!

1 comment: